I’ve seen two different reactions to social media during this COVID crisis. Some people are harnessing the power of social media as a way to connect with people — via FB lives, IG stories, etc. Others have vanished and are focusing on their wellbeing.
I’m here to tell you that both reactions are acceptable and I’ve wavered between the two, swinging from one end of the pendulum to the other.
I’d encourage you to show up as much as you’re able to while also protecting your own energy. For more on that, read my blogpost about staying social while social distancing.
Today, we’re sharing five prompts related to talking about this “new normal” on your social media. Each of these prompts gives you an opportunity to inform, encourage or entertain your audience while we all learn to navigate this crisis.
- If you’re working on your business from home, how is it going for you? Have you had to change your routine?
- How are you filling your free time while social distancing?
- How can your product or service solve a problem during this COVID crisis?
- How have you pivoted your business during this crisis?
- How are you caring for your wellbeing? How are you caring for the community around your business? How are you connecting with other people virtually?
As you craft these messages, remember that you are the guide to your followers. Show them a path forward, even if you’re not sure what that path forward looks like. Show up in a way that promotes connection because, in the end, that’s what people are looking for right now.Share this content: