When it comes to social media marketing, there is ALWAYS something to create. But sometimes it’s hard to put pen to paper or fingers to keyboard to do the dang thing. You may have content buckets and visual topics and still feel stuck. When this happens, here are quick tips to get your social media motor running:
- Dig into your insights, look at the top posts with the most “POST INTERACTION,” and create content similar to those posts.
- Create lists of things your audience needs to know.
- Scroll through an account you love (similar content or not) to spark some ideas.
- TAKE A WALK! A quick digital detox can do some good, and you can start with a fresh perspective.
- Read from a book, fiction or non-fiction; just getting other words into your head may help.
- Brainstorm with a coworker.
- Write from a different point of view.
- Do a quick Google search for your industry in the news to see if you can find some current events related to your field.
- Review your StoryBrand Brandscript, if you have one, to remind yourself why you do what you do.
- Start with your images, graphics, or video. If the copy won’t come first, grab some related images and use those to spark some content ideas.
- Scroll and find trending audio/template for a reel that fits for inspiration.
- Research free resources (LIKE OURS) and use their prompts to create content.
- REPURPOSE! There are so many ways to do so. Add more insight, change the call to action, swap the photo out, or change the media type.
Looking for even more guidance with your social media? We’ve created the ideal social media scheduler that comes with prompts, templates, feedback, and brainstorming sessions so you can DIY your social media accounts with support from expert marketers and content creators. Join our DIY Social Media Club—by this time tomorrow, you could have your next month of content scheduled!